This post is on the benefits and significance of gemstones & rings in Islam.
SIGNIFICANCE OF GEMSTONES & RINGS IN ISLAM :
Significance of Gemstones:
Gemstones such as Blue Sapphire, Turquoise, Emerald, Peridot, Ruby and Quartz, etc. are permissible and these stones leave their effect on the human body and are beneficial for curing various diseases. They do possess the effective power themselves but the real power is from Almighty ALLAH. However, Almighty ALLAH has made these stones a means like the clouds become the means for rain. So, as ALLAH has made rainwater a blessed thing, similarly particular stones in particular time become the means of blessings by the command of ALLAH.
- A’llama Ferozabaadi writes: Ruby is an expensive stone and there are many kinds of it. Hakeems have said: This stone is extracted from surandeep mountain. It brings happiness, helpful in removing satanic whisperings. Drinking its soaked water is beneficial in curing weakness and palpitation and wearing it will help in curing the clotting of blood.
- Quartz is an example of the rich. Whoever wears this stone in a ring, he will be protected from fear during fights and by this afflictions and anxiety of heart will vanish. And if some person’s any part of the body is bleeding then by using this stone, it will stop bleeding. Soaking it in water and by drinking it, liver diseases will get cured.
Permissibility of wearing rings in Islam for men:
- Imaam e Ahle Sunnat Imaam Ahmed raza Khan a’laihi reh’matur rah’man says: It is permissible for men to wear a silver ring with one stone in it and with its weight less than 4.365 grams. The ring weighing more than this or having two stones in it is impermissible.
- Usage of gemstones such as Sapphire, Turquoise, Emerald, Ruby, Peridot or Quartz in the ring is permissible.
- It is stated in hadith: “The Prophet peace be upon him had one silver ring with one silver stone in it.”
Significance of Gemstones in Islam
Ruby is a pink to the blood-red colored gemstone, a variety of the mineral corundum (aluminum oxide). Other varieties of gem-quality corundum are called sapphires. Ruby is one of the traditional cardinal gems, together with amethyst, sapphire, emerald, and diamond. They word ruby comes from rubber, Latin for red. The color of a ruby is due to the element chromium.
Spiritual Significance of Gemstones
The quality of a ruby is determined by its color, cut, and clarity, which, along with carat weight, affect its value. The brightest and most valuable shade of red called blood-red or pigeon blood commands a large premium over other rubies of similar quality. After color follows clarity: similar to diamonds, a clear stone will command a premium, but a ruby without any needle-like rutile inclusions may indicate that the stone has been treated. Ruby is usually more pink than garnet, although some rhodolite garnets have a similar pinkish hue to most rubies. The world’s most expensive ruby is the Sunrise Ruby.
Benefits Significance of Gemstones
- It strengthens both the physical and emotional heart.
- Ruby brings love, confidence, loyalty, and courage. It instills stamina, vitality, and strength.
- A good stone for removing blocked energies in the reproductive system. It re-energizes one after exhaustion. Also good for balancing the blood’s sugar.
- By soaking Ruby in water and drinking it liver diseases will get cured.
Get instant solution to your problems and diseases in light of the holy Quran and Hadith. Online Istikhara, spiritual treatment, and courses by Amil Mohammad Yousuf Sahab. Contact us +92-3232344555 ‘WhatsApp’